Everyone Counts: Complete the 2020 Census
Completed forms MUST be submitted by October 15, 2020.
OH-03 CENSUS REPORT
Congresswoman Joyce Beatty released a new report prepared by the House Committee on Oversight and Reform and Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties urging constituents of Ohio’s Third Congressional District to complete their Census forms by the October 15, 2020 deadline as well as detailing the dire costs of an undercount.
The new report details that if there is just a one percent undercount in the 2020 Census, constituents of Ohio’s Third Congressional District could lose:
- $8.6 million in federal funding for Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and foster care assistance programs.
- $481,000 in federal funding for schools that have a high proportion of low-income students, or the equivalent of all the textbooks that 1,923 students would need in a school year.
- $116,000 in federal funding for job training centers and career counseling.
COMPLETING THE FORM
Households can complete their Census forms right now by:
- going online at www.my2020census.gov;
- calling 844-330-2020; or
- filling out the forms they received in the mail.
** Of note, the 2020 Census has only 12 questions, does not ask about citizenship, and must be completed by October 15, 2020. **
Data collected by the Census is used to determine how much funding congressional districts receive for a variety of services like education, medical care, foster care, roads, public transit, and job programs. Moreover, Census data also helps local governments enhance public safety and prepare for emergencies.