Beatty's Pledge on Healthcare
All Americans should have access to affordable, high-quality healthcare, including those with pre-existing conditions. I will continue to work to protect and strengthen the Affordable Care Act, while moving toward a “Medicare-For-All-Who-Want-It” program which would give Americans the option to access a Medicare-type system in lieu of private insurance. I also will continue supporting federal investment in groundbreaking medical research, life-saving therapies, and innovative technologies to ensure the health and well-being of generations of Americans.
In addition, I strongly believe that women’s reproductive decisions should be made between them and their doctor.
Highlights of Beatty Work on Healthcare
- Member of the Medicare for All Caucus.
- Co-Chair of the Congressional Heart and Stroke Coalition.
- Leads the effort to fund the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Author of the Concussion Awareness and Education Act to require the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and National Institutes of Health (NIH) to coordinate research on youth and sports-related concussions.
- Author of the Return to Work Awareness Act, to provide resources for survivors of stroke and other serious illnesses to return to the workforce.
Read more below, or please contact my office for more information concerning my work and views on Healthcare.
More on Healthcare
Beatty Kicks Off Month Long Advocacy
on Stroke Awareness and Prevention
Beatty to highlight stroke awareness and prevention in May to promote HR 123
What a great opportunity for me to tell my story when I think about Medicare and what that means to me--but more importantly, what it means to this Nation, what it means to the citizens in the Third Congressional District that I represent, what it means to someone's mother, someone's grandmother, someone's spouse.