Financial Services and Consumer Protection
Beatty's Focus on Financial Services and Consumer Protections
As a senior Member of the Financial Services Committee and Member of the Joint Economic Committee, I am fighting to ensure an economy and financial services system that works for ALL Americans.
Highlights of Beatty Work on Financial Services and Consumer Protection
- Co-Chair of the House Financial and Economic Literacy Caucus.
- Authored the Financial Literacy College Education Act to establish best practices to teach financial literacy at institutions of higher education. The bill was signed into law in the 115th Congress.
- Passed the Free Credit Scores for Consumers Act out of the Financial Services Committee to provide consumers with free access to their credit scores.
- One of the lead Democrats on the Consumers First Act, a bill to make sure consumers’ interests are placed before the interests of corporations.
- Leader on efforts to ensure the Treasury Department places Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill.
Read more below, or please contact my office for more information concerning my work and views on Financial Services.